Pink Monday... and Friday

Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Yesterday I decided to go for a BRIGHT shade for my nails, I have always loved wearing bright colours on my nails so Shocking Pink by China Glaze (Neon) was a great colour to try for the first time. China Glaze describe the colour as 'High Voltage/Wow factor' which is very fitting for the colour.



The colour is really bright and is quite neon in natural light and I actually feel a bit like one of Nicki Minaj's Barbie's with the colour on lol. Applying this colour was quite annoying as it dries quite matte and opaque and after two coats it looked blotchy and uneven. It took about four coats and a topcoat of Seche Vite to achieve this look.


 My neon pink nail colour choice also coincided with the release of Nicki Minaj's album Pink Friday yesterday. After watching Nicki Minaj's appearance on the Wendy Williams show I also learnt that she will be releasing a bright pink lipstick in conjunction with MAC called Pink Friday and it will be available for four weeks from Friday 26th November to Friday 17th December but only on Friday's. The colour is allegedly a mixture of MAC's Girl About Town (a fuchsia pink) and Pink Nouveau and will be available to purchase in the UK online from MAC and Selfridges. I am not Nicki's biggest fan but I actually can't wait to buy this lipstick and try it as I have both Pink Nouveau and Girl About Town from MAC.

0 comments:

Post a Comment