Beauty: My Favourite Make-Up

Saturday, January 15, 2011
Hi again!  Beauty and Make-up doesn't really feature on here that much as I'm definitely more obsessed with fashion and accessories!  However, I love make-up and wear it everyday at work and a whole lot more when I go out!  Some of my readers have said they would like to see more make-up posts so this one is all about my favourites, as I've said before I don't own a huge amount make-up!  These are the products that I think are amazing and that I would re-purchase over and over again, basically I don't think I could be without these items in my make-up collection!
 
Nars Blusher: Deep Throat
Mac Blusher: Style
I wear both these blushers when I get glammed up and go out, the Nars is a soft shimmery pink and my all time favourite is this gorgeous Mac blusher, a lovely frosted coral gold

Mac Mineralise Skinfinish: Comfort
Mac Bronzer: Bronze
These are my everyday products that I wear for work, the MSF has more of a shimmer but is quite subtle, the bronzer is just amazing and perfect for sculpting and wearing alone with no blusher

 Mac Fluidline Gel liner: Blacktrack
Mac 209 Eyeliner Brush
This gel liner is really amazing, it's the best liner I've ever used for creating the perfect winged liner look, it just glides on like silk and must be applied with the Mac 209 brush! It's not the blackest black compared to liquid liners but does not smudge all day! Next on my list to try is the Bobbi Brown gel liner!

YSL Faux Cils Mascara: Black
Diorshow Blackout Mascara: Kohl Black
For full on glamourous lashes I use these mascaras, YSL is my favourite, it makes my lashes so long and thick with no clumping at all, definitely gives a false lash effect, does not smudge under the eyes and lasts all day, I do find it dries out a little quicker than other brands though.  Diorshow gives mega volume and has a huge brush, at first it seems like too much but after a few uses it is much better and lashes look long and fluttery, also I've found it's the only mascara shade that is the blackest of blacks!

The Body Shop Liquid Liner: Black
I've used this liner for so many years, in my opinion, it's the only liquid liner that is a really dark black colour and is matte unlike some liners which have a slight sheen to them.  It can smudge slightly throughout the day and is not waterproof at all, but I only like it for the colour and how it looks on my eyes.

 Mac Prep + Prime Powder
This transparent powder is the best I've tried so far, my skin type is combination and it's the only powder that keeps my skin matte for most of the day, it's colourless so suits all skin tones, you only need a small amount as too much can make the skin look white, love it!

Mac Studio Finish Concealer: NC35
This is my favourite product ever, I've been using this for about 7 years and have never found anything like it!  It gives amazing coverage and covers up every blemish and red patch on my skin, I also use on inner corners of my eyes and under my eyes to brighten up the area 

Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation: NC35
This foundation is quite new to me and have not been using this for that long, I used to use Studio Tech but it left my skin oily and didn't last, Studio Sculpt gives really good coverage and feels amazing on the skin, it covers up most blemishes, but you will still need concealer for darker ones as it's not a full coverage foundation, my skin is no longer really oily at the end of the day.  I still want to try Studio Fix Fluid foundation though to compare!

Urban Decay Deluxe Palette
The colours in this palette are amazing and so pigmented, I adore all these colours, gorgeous bright greens and blues and some lovely neutral shades too

Mac Eyeshadow: Humid & Greensmoke
I've always worn green eyeshadows when I go out more than any other shade, these are my favourites, I tend to wear Greensmoke which is a frosted khaki green shade as an everyday colour (except for work) and wear Humid when I go out as I love full on eyes, there are so many Mac eyeshadows, it was really hard to choose!

Mac Paints: Sublime Nature
This is the perfect neutral shade, I wear paint this on it's own to work everyday, it does look like nothing at all but makes the lids look smooth and does not crease all day, I just appy this with my fingers!

Urban Decay Primer Potion
I know everyone has this, but it really is a product that acutally works on oily lids and has to be the best primer I've ever used, way better than the Mac one!  The primer does not budge all day and eyeshadow doesn't crease and looks the same at the end of the day

Mac Lipsticks: Taupe & Twig
My everyday lipstick is Taupe, a matte muted reddish brown colour and is not as dark as the picture, I don't have many lipsticks and tend to wear the same shades all the time!  Twig is a recent discovery and love to wear this out, a gorgeous brownish pink and so pigmented, I can only wear lipsticks that are well pigmented.

Mac Lipglass: Oh Baby
Bobbi Brown Lipgloss: Buff
I've been using this Mac lipglass forever, it's a gorgeous golden bronze colour and can be worn over so many lipsticks and transforms the look, I never wear lipgloss on its own.  The Bobbi Brown lipgloss is also a long time favourite of mine, it's the most beautiful neutral creamy shade and makes your lips look stunning!

Mac Lipliner: Cork
This is a lovely brown colour liner which goes with most of my lipstickes and I use it everyday, it defines the lips perfectly and does not smudge and lipstick stays put on the lips!

Well there you have it! There are still so many products I want to try and I still haven't found the perfect black pencil eyeliner which lasts all day under the eyes, I've tried Urban Decay liner and it doesn't work for me and smudges after a while, so if anyone has any recommendations for a long lasting black pencil liner or any other product, please let me know! 
Thanks for reading everyone! xxx

Follow StyleFrost on Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment