The Perfect Winter Sale Storm

Friday, December 24, 2010

Discount Girls Clothing
Rare Editions Plaid Sweater Dress
Deep down inside, I always think I would be a little sad if I won the lottery.  Money comes with so many benefits; I would love the travel, love being able to give the people I care about everything they need.. but at the same time, I think it would kill the joy of shopping for me.  Bargain hunting is so much fun!  The challenge is so exciting.  For example:  I have been in semi-desperate need of a new winter coat.  The one I've been wearing has a lovely design, but it's beginning to look hopelessly ragged.  Even my dry cleaners have given up on it. 

However, it's Christmas, and I don't have tons of spare cash to be spending on myself at the moment.  I would put a coat on my wishlist, but to be honest, coats are something I simply have to find for myself- the style, fit and color all need to be perfect. 

So, I've been browsing all my favorite women's clothing sites, and I finally came across The One.  It's beautiful:  the perfect neutral shade of camel, bracelet-length sleeves, funnel collar, and a swing hem- very 20's, which is my absolute favorite fashion era.  The only problem was the price!  The coat is gorgeous, and judging by the quality of everything else I've bought from that company, it's probably worth every penny they're asking.  Nevertheless, Christmas gifts for others are priority number one in December.  I decided to cross my fingers that it didn't sell out, and hope for the perfect winter sale storm to hit.  And it actually did!  They marked the price down by 40%, and then offered an additional 25% discount on all sale items.  I bought it immediately, and it was just in the knick of time, because the coat completely sold out the very next day. 

Discount Girls Clothing
As much as I loved the coat before, I love it even more now that I got it at such a killer price.  If I had an unlimited clothing budget, I'd have just bought it right away.  Sure, I'd still adore it, but there's no way I'd be able to appreciate it the way I do now.

Sophia's Style is now beginning our Winter Wonderland Sale- which is our Perfect Storm of winter discounts.  Winter items are not only marked down, but you get an additional 25% off all our in-season styles if you enter WINTER25 at checkout.  Now you can shop all the things you just couldn't quite justify spending money on before, and get them at a fraction of the original price.  Winter markdowns are a beautiful thing. 

Side Note:  If you're feeling like you should be slowing down the winter shopping and starting to think about spring, you're half right.  Spring is what's next.  However, we all know that we've got about two more months of bitter cold ahead of us before we can even hope to start emulating anything that's happening on the runways in the way to Spring '11 RTW.  Also, winter styles vary far less from season to season than warm weather looks do.  Nice coats, cozy sweaters, and lots-o-layers are basically always going to be in, so never hesitate to stock up when the price is right.

This blog was first posted at Trendy Girls Fashion Blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment